Come into EK Jewelers, or shop online if you’re looking to incorporate blue gemstone jewelry into your 2020. We have several blue stones that would be wonderful additions to your gemstone collection such as sapphire stud earrings, zircon rings, tourmaline pendants and many more blue gemstones.
The Pantone Color Institute has announced its color of the year for 2020: 19-4052 Classic Blue. Announced December 4, 2019, the Classic Blue color is described by Pantone as "a reassuring presence instilling calm, confidence and connection."
When I see the Classic Blue color, I think of the elegant sapphire!
Blue is the most famous of the sapphire colors, and it’s beauty is unparalleled. Did you know that no two sapphire’s hues are alike; with tones ranging from deep velvety blue to crisp cornflower blue, blue sapphires are gorgeous specimens of nature's beauty.
Sapphires have long been associated with royalty and romance, and are also said to symbolize fidelity and the soul. Many sources list that sapphires are believed to symbolize wisdom, virtue, good fortune, and holiness.
However, sapphires aren’t the only Classic Blue gemstones that should catch your eye. Other blue gemstones to consider include:
- London blue topaz: a medium to dark grayish blue, sometimes described as "steely" or "inky"
- Spinel: rare stones that look blue-gray to violet-blue in color instead of just the pure blue
- Tanzanite: stones that a range of hues from violet blue to blue violet
- Tourmaline: stones that exhibit a wide range of vivid blue and blue-green shades
- Zircon: stones come in many colors, but blue is perhaps the most popular and expensive
Come into EK Jewelers in downtown Gillette, Wyoming, or shop online if you’re looking to incorporate blue gemstone jewelry into your 2020. We have several blue stones that would be wonderful additions to your gemstone collection such as sapphire stud earrings, zircon rings, tourmaline pendants and many more blue gemstones.
What’s your favorite blue stone? Leave us a comment below!